CALIXAR CORE BUSINESS
Our core business is the deorphanization, identification and the isolation of native and functional integral membrane proteins.
The combination of our expertise in biochemistry of integral membrane proteins (IMPs) and the chemistry of reagents used for isolating IMPs, put us in a unique position to facilitate your drug discovery projects.
“Designing the best chemistry to make the best biochemistry”, Dr. Emmanuel DEJEAN, President and CEO of CALIXAR.
|Detergent / membrane protein interactions analysis : Hydrophobic patches interactions, salt bridges and « p-stacking »|
WHAT DIFFERENTIATES US FROM COMPETITORS?
A UNIQUE NATIVE ISOLATION PROCESS
Conventional approaches tend to modify the protein through deletions or point mutations to make it adapt to the environment. Instead, CALIXAR’s approach modifies the chemical environment that will adapt to the proteins/ antigens chemistry.
Therefore, our process allows the conservation of the functional and structural integrities of the targets/ antigens. This has a significant positive impact on the quality of the protein and on the success of the proteomics and drug discovery applications.
OTHER ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH CALIXAR
Our technology brings you many other advantages:
- We can start either from your gene sequence, primary cells, recombinant cells, tissues or organs,…
- Our technology is applicable to every kind of membrane proteins (GPCRs, Ions Channels, Transporters, Viral Proteins, among others).
- Our chemical facilities enable us to continuously design new reagents (detergents/ surfactants,…) to identify, isolate, stabilize, and/ or crystallize your targets in the best conditions.
- We offer a variety of services: deorphanization, identification, expression, extraction, purification, stabilization, functional assays, X-ray crystallography and detergent quantification.
- Expertise highly compatible with downstream processing (DSP) and upstream processing (USP – expression part).