Purified Membrane Proteins

Phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PEAMT) (PEMT) (EC 2.1.1.17) (EC 2.1.1.71) (PEMT2) (Phospholipid methyltransferase) (PLMT)

Catalyzes the three sequential steps of the methylation pathway for the biosynthesis of phosphatidylcholine, a critical and essential component for membrane structure (PubMed:12431977, PubMed:15927961). Uses S-adenosylmethionine (S-adenosyl-L-methionine, SAM or AdoMet) as the methyl group donor for the methylation of phosphatidylethanolamine (1,2-diacyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphoethanolamine, PE) to phosphatidylmonomethylethanolamine (1,2-diacyl-sn-glycero-3-phospho-N-methylethanolamine, PMME), PMME to phosphatidyldimethylethanolamine (1,2-diacyl-sn-glycero-3-phospho-N,N-dimethylethanolamine, PDME), and PDME to phosphatidylcholine (1,2-diacyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine, PC), producing S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine in each step (PubMed:12431977, PubMed:15927961). Responsible for approximately 30% of hepatic PC with the CDP-choline pathway accounting for the other 70% (Probable). {ECO:0000269|PubMed:12431977, ECO:0000269|PubMed:15927961, ECO:0000305|PubMed:12431977}.; [Isoform 1]: Catalyzes the three sequential steps of the methylation of 1,2-diacyl-sn-glycero-3-phospho-N-methylethanolamine (PMME) to 1,2-diacyl-sn-glycero-3-phospho-N,N-dimethylethanolamine (PDME) more efficiently than isoform 2 (PubMed:20860552). Induces increase in PC species with longer polyunsaturated chains than isoform 2 (PubMed:20860552). {ECO:0000269|PubMed:20860552}.; [Isoform 2]: Produces a higher increase in the level of PC species containing long chains with three double bonds than isoform 1. {ECO:0000269|PubMed:20860552}.

Native

Stable

Pure

Active protein

Recombinant protein

Human Origin

Entry Name:

PEMT_HUMAN

Gene Name:

PEMT PEMPT PNMT

Uniprot Accession:

Q9UBM1

Origin:

Homo sapiens (Human)

Protein family:

Class VI-like SAM-binding methyltransferase superfamily, PEMT/PEM2 methyltransferase family

Full-length:

199

AA

Mass:

22134

Da

MTRLLGYVDPLDPSFVAAVITITFNPLYWNVVARWEHKTRKLSRAFGSPYLACYSLSVTILLLNFLRSHCFTQAMLSQPRMESLDTPAAYSLGLALLGLGVVLVLSSFFALGFAGTFLGDYFGILKEARVTVFPFNILDNPMYWGSTANYLGWAIMHASPTGLLLTVLVALTYIVALLYEEPFTAEIYRQKASGSHKRS

CALIXAR fits your needs

Expression systems: bacteria, yeast, insect cells, HEK & CHO mammalian cells
Purified formats: detergents, SMALPs, nanodiscs, proteoliposomes